Iridium operates the world’s largest commercial constellation, with a mesh architecture of 66 cross-linked low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites providing inherent performance and dependability advantages over bent pipe geostationary (GEO) configurations.
At only 476 miles (780 km) from the Earth, the proximity of Iridium’s LEO network means pole-to-pole coverage, a shorter transmission path, stronger signals, lower latency and shorter registration time than with GEO satellites.
The smarter, tougher satellite phone
Iridium’s most compact handset to date, Iridium Extreme is enhanced with more features and unique accessories than ever before:
- Up to 4 hours of talk time, 30 hours of standby
- Enhanced SMS and email messaging capability
- GPS-enabled location-based services
- Supports online tracking and Google Mapping services
- Accessories to provide global voice calling and text messaging solutions for your smartphone, everywhere