Define Coverage Areas Quickly Using the Iridium PTT Command Center
Using the Iridium PTT Command Center, you can define coverage areas and user talkgroups quickly and easily. As situations evolve, you are able to make changes on the fly that are carried out within seconds – it’s the ultimate in adaptability and responsiveness.
With Iridium Push-to-Talk, you decide how many talk groups you need and how many devices are provisioned in each. In any talkgroup, you can define up to 10 service areas located across the globe, connecting those both close and far away. Iridium Push-to-Talk is also interoperable, allowing different entities to communicate on an as-needed basis.
With Iridium’s constellation of 66 cross-linked Low-Earth Orbit satellites, Iridium Push-to-Talk is built for speed, allowing you to connect with your team instantly and securely, anywhere on the planet. All transmissions are sent using AES-256 encryption – one of the most secure standards available. Your communications remain yours alone.
Versatile communications at the push of a button
Iridium Extreme® PTT takes reliable group communications to the next level with unique features and capabilities, including:
- Everything offered within the Iridium Extreme® plus push-to-talk functionality
- Global PTT capabilities and configurable talkgroups
- A reinforced PTT button
- A high audio loudspeaker
- Enhanced SMS and email messaging capability
- GPS-enabled location-based services
- SOS access in Phone Mode
- Phone Mode battery duration: standby up to 54 hours; talk time up to 6.5 hours
- PTT Mode battery duration: standby up to 16.5 hours; Talk time up to 5 hours